Monday 21 June 2010

GAY !?

I saw the movie Dostana today. It was about two guys acting like gays to get residence in USA. My friend commented that being gay was bad – it is unethical. He says that no other animals exhibit this characteristics and so it is an aberration from Nature’s chosen path. Personally speaking I have no problems with gays until some gay tries to hit on me.

But why are we so against it? I know it looks a little odd but it is not like the sun has turned green? We have become so engrossed with the concept that when we see two friends putting their arms around their shoulders and walking we think that they are gay, if they hug each other for some reason we think that they are gay, and leave alone what we say when they hold hands! Grow up people! Get matured! Can two boys not love each other and not be gay? I love my friends and my brothers. I would love to hug them and put my arms around them while I walk. Does that make me gay? You will say they are your friends and brothers. Do we ever stop to think that the two people in the street whom we are calling gays may be friends or brothers? Why are we so bent on tagging everything we see with raunchy connotations? Why does a girl and a boy walking together in the streets have to be lovers even if they seem to be enjoying each others company? I think most of us have become literally and mentally jobless!

Coming back to gays, I have a few “Totsy” arguments against what my friend has to say. I think being gay is not ethically incorrect and it falls in the pattern of Nature’s will. Humans are very different from animals even in our animal instincts – our women do not eat up the male partner after mating like the Black Widow spider. There are many such examples to be fond in Nature if we just decide to open our eyes to her. Instead of making it a taboo and shying away from it I think we should look at the bright side of it and even encourage it. Dumbstruck? Do not be. Let me be more lucid. You see, Nature adapts to pressure. We all know this. We also know that Nature tries to maintain a balance on this earth. Being gay or lesbian is just another design of Nature to balance out the population pressure. Being gay or lesbian generally entails a stoppage of child births. More the number of same sex couples, the less the number of the next generation, thus less pressure on earth.

We talk of the abolition of slavery as the poor slave is treated so badly and made to bear our burden which exceeds his capacity. But has anyone thought about Nature and how much brunt she has to bear because of us? Like the slave she resists our pressures through disease and sometimes like the slave revolts violently through natural disasters like earthquakes and floods. She sends us all these signs to show her helplessness to sustain us any further. Do we have no mercy on her? Do the most intelligent beings on earth choose to be blind to her pleas of mercy?

Now do not get me wrong. I do not want to get married. My mother anyways says that I will ruin the girl’s life and I completely believe her as I have ruined the life of the girl I loved the most, anyway that is another story. Now what I want to do is life the rest of my life having fun and doing my bit in this life. I plan to spend my life with my parents, my brother and his family. I will spend all that I earn on his kids and maybe if I have enough money I will make my parents travel the world over. I so love them and that idiot of a brother. I am NOT gay, OK! Now chill. I also would love to have a child of my own but I cannot afford to ruin someone’s life for my joy. Now that is unethical!

1 comment:

  1. "More number of same sex couples, the less the umber of the next generation, thus less pressure on earth."
    What a thinking..

    ReplyDelete