Sunday 23 May 2010

I Hate Him!!!

(I wrote this story at the instigation of one of my friends. I dedicate this to her. I hope you enjoy it Phulan Devi.)

The electricity has gone off for the past half an hour and is showing no signs of coming back. To top it all up, the mosquitoes are singing irritatingly near my ear! They are as irritating as him! He says he loves me and all he does is irritate me, throw his temper at me and blames me for everything that goes wrong with him. How am I supposed to tolerate it? Damn the mosquitoes and their offspring! I cannot even swat one of them!

I met him in college. He was my classmate. A decent guy, quite good at his subject, but had no dressing sense. He was stiff necked. I was not interested in him initially. I had a guy back home and things were going great between us. He was, then, just a friend among many, but I knew that I had taken his fancy. He gave me a lot of attention and, frankly speaking, I enjoyed the attention. Now is that my fault? Show me a girl who does not like attention from guys and I will show you a blind fish.

So, naturally, when my relationship crumbled, he was the first one to turn to, and that idiot was waiting for me with open arms. I hate him for the all the time he has blamed me for all that has gone wrong with him. He even had the audacity to say that he did not want me! What does he think of himself! I do not need him and I can leave him faster than he can bat his eyelid! But well, over the years I was cursed to fall in love with him. I did not admit it for a long time; I had my dignity after all. I could not just say that I loved him even when he was throwing his temper at me! I need some respect!

I would not say that he is a bad person or that he does not love me. He loves me, but in his own way. He did a lot to cheer me up whenever I was sad. He has been an anchor to me. We have spent so many wonderful moments together, which thanks to his irritating habit of photographing everything, has been captured to a large extent. Well, to his credit I can say that he did leave smoking as he had promised me, even though it took him a long time. Now what’s wrong with me? Why am I praising him? Why can I not be angry with him for long? Why do I always need to take his crap? It was his idea to stay in this particular hotel in Lansdowne, arguing that it had a good view. Now the electricity is gone and he has no worries! He is happily sleeping on his belly and snoring his head off as if nothing has happened! And I cannot sleep and he does not care! What am I supposed to do? God, give me a signal! Oh, good. The electricity has come on. I guess it is a sign from God asking me to sleep and stop disturbing him with my complaints. I shall do just that. Goodnight. I still love him.

2 comments: