Tuesday 16 February 2010

The Under-Rated


Ishqiya as a movie has been quite under-rated I believe. My friends have not been able to find a story line and have not been able to appreciate it. I saw the movie yesterday and I felt that it was a far better movie than My Name is Khan. The acting was brilliant by all the three main characters.

The movie is set in Gorukhpur near our border with Nepal. Two thugs reach here to seek the help of a rebel leader to escape into Nepal as they were fleeing from the clutches of a don, whose money they had borrowed. Here they meet the widow of the leader who in her turn makes them eat from her hands. The plot thickens here with the three getting involved with the don. They hatch a plan to kidnap a local rich man for ransom. All this while the widow had something up her sleeves and takes the operation under her wings. It turns out at the end that the rebel leader was alive and the widow all along knew it and the kidnapping was a ploy to get him and take her vengeance. The ending is awesome.

Naseruddin Shah and Arsad Warsi as the two thugs and Vidya Balan as the widow do a brilliant job with the portrayal of the characters. I really loved the way the story unfolded. I would recommend this movie for anyone who likes good movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment