Friday 10 January 2014

Tabu: A Talent Less Known



I have been watching movies ever since I was a child, but over these years I have come across very few talented actresses. The main reason for this perhaps is that women hardly play the lead character in a movie or have ample coverage of their character that would require a good quality of acting. This is more so in Bollywood I believe, where the actress is there just to look pretty and be saved by the hero. But among all the actresses I have come across, I have found Tabu one of the best actresses in Bollywood. She is not only pretty, but her talented acting makes these movies come alive. But not many people talk about Tabu these days and she seems to have been pushed to the side.

Tabu, whose real name is Tabassum Hashmi, has won the National Film Award twice (Maachis and Chandni Bar) and holds the record for most wins of Filmfare's Critics Award for the Best Female Performer with four. The best film I love of her is Maachis (Matchstick). She does a stunning performance in that movie. Another movie I find very good is Cheeni Kum (Less Sugar). Most people I meet are not very familiar with her performance so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce such a talented actress to the world. There are more movies scheduled to come out in the near future starring Tabu and I look forward to watching Tabu perform again and keep me spellbound for the whole time.







[Photos: Internet Image search :) ]







No comments:

Post a Comment