Monday 6 February 2012

Ramblings of an 18 Year Old


Munni is my friend from school. We live in the same town and have been friends for a few years. She is very pretty but is not very smart. She now goes to a local college while I go to a well known one in the city. I have always liked her and whenever I come home from college during vacations we spend a lot of time together. She also likes me a lot and we have long heart to heart conversations. But we are not dating. We are just friends – good friends.

Then there is Sheila in college. She is also a very close friend of mine in college and we hang out together a lot. She is not that beautiful but she is very smart. I really like her company and she also seems to like mine. But we are not dating. We are just friends – good friends.

I guess I am in love. I love both Munni and Sheila but in a different way and I can simply not make up my mind whom to chose as my girlfriend. I would like my girlfriend to be beautiful, in which case I have to go with Munni. But I would also like my girlfriend to be smart, in which case Sheila is the obvious choice.

I have known Munni for a longer time than I have Sheila. I know Munni much better and she seems to understand me, but she is not very smart. She does not read too many books and does not speak or understand English very well. How can I take her in front of my other friends? What will they think of her? It is true that she makes me laugh and I really care about her, but she won’t fit my social status. Undoubtedly she is much more beautiful than any of my friends’ girlfriends, but she will be the odd one out as she won’t be able to participate in discussions. I mean, come on, she likes Bollywood movies and she has no clue who Johnny Depp is or who won the Oscars or what the series Friends is all about!

Sheila is not that pretty but she is smart. She reads a lot and has read all the Nobel laureates in Literature. She watches French and Italian movies and she is suave. But she is very moody. She throws her temper all around and does not understand me most of the time. This does not matter much as she is so busy all the time doing something or the other. She is kind of attractive in her own intellectual way.

I guess I should go with Sheila. She has a very good social standing and she would increase my cool quotient among my friends. I know Munni cares for me and all but I need something more. I am so better than her. Sheila is just my type. This time when I go back to college I shall propose to her. God, I love her so much!

[P.S.: It so turns out that when the boy goes back to college he finds Sheila already dating a guy. He planned to come back and propose to Munni during the vacations, but Munni was also dating someone by then.]

3 comments: