Saturday 12 November 2011

Being Fat

I am fat. I am not very proud of that fact. The fat has increased my waistline by 4 inches and my backside. Everyone in my family teases me by saying that I have a backside side a woman. I am trying my best to reduce the fat but in reality I am not trying hard enough. I have cut down on my food intake. I am having just 4 chapatis for dinner whereas I can have 12. I have very little rice for lunch. But dieting has never done anyone any good. What I need to do is exercise. I try to exercise regularly but end up skipping it as something more interesting seems to be cropping up all the time. My sister is supposed to be getting married next month and I am really scared as I do not want to look fat. But there is no time left to do anything about that.

Dieting is not for me. My parents will allow me to have food only three to four times a day and really get furious if they see me eating at odd times. I am eating one third the amount I used to devour and this makes me feel hungry throughout the day. All I can think of the whole day is food! I even dream of food! I do not feel like exercising these days as I have laid my hands on some wonderful books that I want to finish reading before I have to return them.

So – I am fat, I do not want to exercise, I cannot diet, and I want to be slim! Well, that is asking a bit too much I guess. There is nothing wrong being fat except for the fact that I have a tough time stooping down and tying my shoe laces while standing up. Also, everyone makes fun of me as I have always been very thin and because I love to eat. I really do not know what people do in such a situation. Some of my friends are fat, but they have always been fat and they do not complain. They love to eat and no one teases them. But me becoming fat all of a sudden has encouraged people to take potshots at me. But I am trying to reduce the amount of fat around my midriff and it is really an uphill task. One day I will succeed.

2 comments: