Friday 7 January 2011

Flipped (2010)




Both Hollywood and Bollywood have bombarded us with love stories. Love stories have been made boring and we seriously get bugged by them. So when I came across Flipped, I was really not in the mood to watch the whole movie. I have fifteen minutes and then I had to go off to the market. With only Flipped on my desktop, I decided to give it a shot. What with another story about a boy and a girl falling in love.. I could withstand the torture for twenty minutes. But I did not end up watching for twenty minutes, I watched the whole movie!

This is just not another love story, a third person’s view. This movie narrates the story from both the girl’s and the boy’s perspective on the same events. It is kind of gripping. It is a wonderfully made movie and the idea is brilliant. It shows very clearly how a simple thing gets interpreted in different ways from different perspectives. Madeline Carroll, who plays the little girl, has done a very good job. She just fits into the character completely. I know many people frown on watching silly love stories, but to these people I would say that this time they may be wrong. If they like a good story, Flipped is the kind of movie they should watch. It is really a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment