Wednesday 10 March 2010

Oscars!!!


As I had said when I was discussing the movie The Blind Side, Sandra Bullock did get the Oscar for her performance. She deserved it. I also watched The Hurt Locker which won six oscars including the Best Movie. It is a beautifully made movie with no over acting and over sensationalisation of the plot. Even though low budget, the movie did not lack anything. Avatar is not that great movie and I do not understand the craze behind it.

I did not watch the ceremony this year but heard that it was good, made sensational by the hype of the clash between James Cameroon and his ex-wife, the director of The Hurt Locker. If anyone has seen both the movies, it will be clear that the question of a sensation does not arise for The Hurt Locker is by far a better movie than Avatar, which has nothing but special effects and budget to boast of. I still have to watch Crazy Heart. I have watched the movie Up and it too deserves the Oscar for the best animated movie. All in all I am not disappointed with the decisions this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment