Monday 8 March 2010

The Blind Side 2009


With nothing better to do last night I decided to scroll through my movie collection on my laptop and came across an unnamed folder. In it were a few movies I had got from a friend a few days back. The Blind Side was one of them. So I started watching it. I like Sandra Bullock but her performance in this movie was breathtaking.


This movie may look like the ordinary Hollywood movie on the suffering of the African-Americans (I hope I am politically correct!) and how they are viewed by the upper class Americans. Even though based on a similar theme the movie can be compared to othger epic movies, like The Pursuit of Happyness, in both the execution of the plot and acting. The movie is the story of a homeless African-American boy who gets into a public school because of his superb athletic skills and is adopted by a rich American family. One has to watch the movie to enjoy its beauty. The movie will keep you glued to the screen and you will even start to associate yourself with the characters. Sandra Bullock deserves the nomination she received for the Oscars this year. Watch this movie. It is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment